There are 1000’s of books out there today about autism, from children’s stories, to novels, to informational materials on how to teach your child with autism, to personal accounts written by adults on the autism spectrum. The variety is endless! There are so many books to choose from that the Autism Society of NC Bookstore has narrowed down the very best books just for you. These top sellers make excellent gifts this holiday season! I’ve categorized them by recipient to make it even easier to find the right book for the right person on your list!
For Children Under 10:
* The Bully Blockers
* Accept and Value Each Person
* Freaks, Geeks & Asperger Syndrome
* My Strange and Terrible Malady
* Communication: What Does It Mean to Me?
* Learning Social Skills – A Conversation Workbook
For Adults on the Spectrum:
* Unwritten Rules of Social Relationships
* Life & Love: Positive Strategies
For Parents and other Family Members:
* Growing Up on the Spectrum
* Temple Grandin HBO Movie
For Professionals & Teachers:
* Early Start Denver Model for Young Children with Autism
* Inclusion of Students with Autism: Using ABA Based Supports
For Your Neighbors & Friends:
* All Cats Have Asperger Syndrome
* 41 Things to Know About Autism
* Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew
We also carry Bookstore Gift Certificates of various denominations if you just can’t decide what to get for that special person on your holiday list.
Now as a special treat for reading all the way through this blog post I want to let you know that the ASNC Bookstore is offering a 10% discount on all online purchases made from now through Jan. 1st 2011! Just use the coupon code HAPPYHOLIDAYS during checkout! Happy Holidays and Happy Shopping!
ASNC Booksore Manager