This workshop covers the basics of the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process. It also teaches parents their rights under IDEA (the law). But more than that, it teaches how to prepare and advocate for school-age children on the autism spectrum.
- To understand the IEP process and how to participate more effectively
- To become familiar with special education laws
- To learn how to prepare for an IEP meeting
- To understand how to write effective IEP goals
- To review accommodations and modifications for students
- To learn what to do when parents do not agree with the IEP team
This workshop is free, but advance registration is required. Register at 910-826-9100, ext. 2266. Please confirm the date, time, and room number by calling; changes are occasionally made.
Free child care may be available upon request when registering.
For more information about the workshop, contact Autism Resource Specialist Amy Perry at email@example.com.