Lifeguard Job Description
The Lifeguard position is a full-time summer position from the middle of May through the middle of August. Lifeguards may live and work at camp during this period.
Lifeguards maintain the pool and the safety and well-being of campers and staff while they take part in activities at or around the pool.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Minimum age of 16.
- Complete CPR/First Aid Certification and Lifeguarding Certification with the American Heart Association or American Red Cross prior to camp, if not currently certified by a national recognized provider.
- Participate in pre-service pool and facility training with Facility Manager.
- Participate in pre-camp staff training. Become familiar with and implement camp policies, procedures, and philosophy as stated in the Camp Royall Staff Manual.
- BE ON TIME for all on duty shifts and meetings. This is a sign of respect for your fellow staff.
- Assume all scheduled shifts at the pool and around camp as determined by the Program Director and Facility Manager.
- Check camper attendance at the beginning of each pool session. Inform Activity Director on duty immediately if anyone is missing.
- Monitor both campers and staff closely at all times during the pool sessions.
- Administer first aid as needed.
- Document any first aid administered to any campers or staff you care for in the health log and on individual incident reports as required.
- Perform daily cleaning tasks in the pool house and bathrooms.
- Perform daily cleaning and chemical maintenance of the pool as well as supporting documentation.
- Participate in regularly held staff meetings.
- Report any scheduling or maintenance issues to the Facility Manager or Program Director.
- Perform all other duties as requested