Nurse Job Description
- Program Director and Assistant Director(s)
- Current NC nursing license or working towards licensure
- A good attitude, willingness to learn, willingness to work hard, and an open mind!
- Degree in nursing
- Autism experience preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in training prior to beginning work, as well as annual training prior to Summer Camp.
- Lead training sessions pertaining to medication administration, camp health and safety, first aid, and universal precautions for infection control, as requested (Head Nurse ONLY).
- Screen arriving campers, including review of medical forms.
- Check in medication upon arrival and set up dosage schedule with the Med Activity Directors (ADs).
- Ensure that each camper’s medical documentation is complete and the written orders from the camper’s doctor matches the medication routine specified by the parent/guardian.
- Be available for consultation to the Med ADs, Assistant Director(s) and Program Director when on site.
- Support the Med ADs and communicate any feedback in regards to their performance to the Program Director or Assistant Director(s).
- Keep written documentation of any treatment and/or consultation given.
- Be familiar with camp policies pertaining to health care and medication administration, and implement fully all procedures and requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between the Program Director and/or Assistant Director(s) and advanced medical personnel when necessary. Communicate directly with camper’s families as requested by Program Director and/or Assistant Director(s).
- Monitor/evaluate camp procedures, facilities, and conditions and suggest modifications that would create more healthful conditions at camp.
- Prepare evaluation of camp season, including recommendations for next season.
- If requested by the Program Director or Assistant Director, a nurse may be asked to carry out daily on-site visits while camp is in session (Head Nurse ONLY).
- If requested by the Program Director or Assistant Director(s), a nurse may be asked to carry out on-call duties. This would involve monitoring the health of staff and campers through after hour’s phone consultation (Head Nurse ONLY).
- Perform all other duties as requested.