Please be aware of proposed changes to CAP MRDD system in the coming months and years. Most proposals are available for public comment if you wish. We encourage interested parties to review the proposed information and make comment to DMA as you see fit. Please remember comments are public information and kept as such. Please see below for details and links to current proposals and policies as shared by State CFAC and links to comment pages available on State websites below.
CAP MRDD Waivers
- The Medicaid Waiver web page will post new information as it comes available on the Division’s website: http://www.ncdhhs.gov/mhddsas/waiver/index.htm
- There are RFA’s to increase 1915 (b) (c), or the Piedmont Behavioral Waiver into more LME’s across the state. Please read below for information provided by the State CFAC (Client Family Advisory Commines) on that.
- We encourage interested parties to learn about these proposed 1915 (b)(c) changes. Please check back and know the Arc of NC will be hosting several public forums on this in coming months.
- Also know that in 2011 the Division is proposing the third level of waiver as legislatively mandated. These are laid out in the SCFAC presentation below.
- Fact Sheet #1 http://www.ncdhhs.gov/mhddsas/waiver/waiverfactsheet1.pdf
- Fact Sheet #2 http://www.ncdhhs.gov/mhddsas/waiver/waiverfactsheet2.pdf
- SCFAC Presentation http://www.ncdhhs.gov/mhddsas/waiver/scfacwaiverpresent.pdf
All efforts at Budget reduction and proposed changes to policy are available on the DMA website. Budget initiatives can be found here: http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dma/provider/budgetinitiatives.htm
Proposed changes to clinical policy in total can be found here: http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dma/mpproposed/index.htm
In particular interest are the below areas of policy:
Please note date listed for each service definition as the Public Comment period ends on different dates.
The following proposed new or amended Medicaid clinical coverage policies are available for review:
- Proposed Clinical Coverage Policy for CAP/MR-DD Public comment ends March 11, 2010
As a result of the 2009 Case Management Steering Committee’s work, four work groups have been established to assist in the development and implementation of consolidated case management services.
On January 19, 2010, the Division and DMA held their first Case Management meeting for the year. Please review the following website for the meeting minutes, PowerPoint Presentations and information on the Case Management Model Act of 2009.
A notice was sent at the end of January to recipients regarding these changes in case management. See the DMA website (http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dma/pub/consumerlibrary.htm) for a copy of the notice. Comments and questions about the reductions in case management services may be directed to DMA Behavioral Health Section 919-855-4290.
Revised Person Centered Plan (PCP) – the Revised document and plan can be found below. Comments and input also taken on this tool.
- PCP Manual