Work with me, dear people. I submit the following de-stressing tips for caregivers, professionals, advocates, and activists:
1. Put out the biggest fire closest to you first. I know your list is long, but it helps to have a prioritized plan of action.
2. Ask for help.
3. Eat when you’re hungry. Sleep when you’re tired. Lack of proper food and rest can make you kuh-RAY-zeeee (sing it out, now).
4. Learn how to tummy breathe. You’re so Zen…
5. Do a little dance. Make a little love. Get down tonight. Last night I remembered how much fun dancing is.
6. If you can’t have A Room Of One’s Own, clear out a corner for yourself.
7. Do something non-autism related. Then get back to work.