Camp Royall Packing List
- We suggest packing full outfits by day in a labeled gallon ZipLock bag (one back for Monday, Tuesday, etc.)
- LABEL ALL ITEMS. If items are not labeled, we cannot ensure your item will return home to you.
- We have a PDF packing list that you can fill out and include with belongings as a tool for end-of-program packing.
- Camp Royall is not responsible for lost, damaged, or broken items.
- Send only what your camper needs for their stay at camp.
- If accidents/messes are common, you may want to increase the number of relevant items.
- If obtaining all items on this packing list is a burden for your family, please contact us in the office and we will work to assist you (919-542-1033).
- Suggested quantity for each item is based on attending for one week of residential camp. If attending a weekend program, subtract 3 from the quantity, generally.
- Underwear – 7
- Diapers (please provide your average daily use at home + 5-10 extra)
- Socks – 7 (if wearing sandals for most part please adjust quantity)
- Pajamas – 2 sets
- Shorts or pants – 6
- T-shirts or long-sleeve shirts – 6
- Sweatshirt/light jacket or heavy jacket – 1
- Rain gear – 1 jacket/poncho or 1 umbrella
- Footwear – 1 pair of durable strap-on sandals and 1 pair of comfortable closed-toe shoes (closed toe shoes required during summer camp)
- A nicer outfit to wear out to dinner (RETREATS ONLY)
(Summer Sessions Only – We swim 2-3 times a day, so a fresh suit is nice!)
- Swimsuit – 1-3
- Slip-on shoes/sandals to wear to pool
- Swim diapers (if needed, 15-20, enough for 3 swims per day plus extra)
- Swim towel – 2
- Sunscreen – 1-2 bottles – we apply sunscreen 3 times per day
- Pillow – 1
- Pillowcase – 1-2
- Twin-fitted sheet – 1-2
- Blanket or sleeping bag – 1
- Laundry bag – 1
- Comb/brush – 1
- Deodorant – 1
- Toothbrush – 1
- Toothpaste – 1
- Soap – 1
- Shampoo – 1
- Shower towel – 2
- Wash cloth – 2
- Shaving needs (optional)
- Feminine hygiene products (optional)
- Hairstyling needs (optional)
- Lotion (optional)
- Bug spray
- Water bottle
- Hand sanitizer
- Face mask/covering
- Flip-flops/pool shoes
- Plastic mattress cover
- Shower shoes
- Special items (toys, radio, games, blankets etc.)
- Any items you might use as a reward or motivator